Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cubans sure know how to make a great sandwich

I was working furiously all morning the other day when my stomach announced that it was lunch time. Needing to get back to the office quickly, I opted to grab a quick sandwich. Like the ham and gruyere baguette I had the other day at Le Pan Quotidien, it was composed of pork, cheese, mustard and nice bread. But this was not your average ham and cheese. This was a Cuban. From Margon. If you don't know, you better ask somebody!

Roast pork, ham and salami (mmmm!!!) complemented by Swiss cheese, mayo, mustard and pickles. It's all mashed down in a panini press until the bread ham and salami are all crispy, cheese is melted and I was drooling at the counter waiting to get my hands on it. This may be my favorite $6 sandwich. Ever. And it was so quick, I was back just in time to answer some questions from my boss. Can't be mad at that!


No comments: