Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I bet you can't pronounce Quotidien either

I don't know why I never ate at Le Pain Quotidien. I had known about it for some time, but I just never went in there. Actually, I think maybe the reason was because I couldn't pronounce "Quotidien." I mean, that would be embarrassing when a coworker asks you where you went for lunch and you can't even pronounce the place! But i didn't take French in high school. So what do you expect?

But anyway, my wife (who did take French) gave me the pronunciation (ko-ti-dee-YEN) and I gave The Daily Bread a shot.

Oh buddy, this place is official.

All kinds of artisanal breads, pastries and organic spreads and other goodies. But it was lunch time, and I was hungry. So I had my eye on one thing: a sandwich. I opted for the ham and gruyere and I was not disappointed. I mean, the thing tastes as good as it looks. The baguette was so fresh and crusty. The creamy cheese perfectly complimented the salty ham. Know that I will be back for more.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am having lunch there today! Great place - just love it. The next time you go, you need to try their hazelnut spread - SO yummy. I love getting a salad with a side of bread so I can just slather on that spread. It's like Nutella but BETTER!