Thursday, October 16, 2008

Holy Matrimony!

My friend Bryan got married a few weekends ago. The wedding and reception were held at Nanina's in the Park in Belleville, NJ, an absolutely beautiful place for a wedding. While rain moved the ceremony inside, it was still really nice. My boy Bryan even shed a tear when his lovely bride Destiny seemingly floated down the aisle in her regal wedding gown. And believe it or not, I got to participate in the ceremony, reading a poem that Bryan wrote! And my mic duties didn't end there - I introduced the newlyweds to their friends and family as they came out to kanYe's Flashing Lights. Bananas!



But as my Dad is fond of saying, if you're a guest at a wedding, you need to be all about the food. And this wedding reception was all about the food. I may not have shed a tear during the ceremony, but I think I cried a river when I saw all the food at the reception. Here are the pics...
















OK, now on to the hot stuff!!!



Carving station!



Sausage and broccoli rabe. I love this combo.



These shrimp were huge.



These mini burgers were a nice touch.



Prosciutto and olive tower. Nice presentation.



And after all of that, they had the nerve to serve dinner, too! I think I ate about three bites of this.



And the parting favor was a box which you could fill with candy. Naturally, all of the candy matched the wedding colors of brown and blue.



I had a great time at the wedding. And so did my stomach. Oh yeah, and I caught the garter, so apparently I'm supposed to be next. We'll see what happens with that.

Congratulations again to Bryan and Destiny!

No comments: